Skip to content

Authorities on Sunday confirmed the death of 24-year-old Jasmine Uyar, the mother of 2-year-old Sebastian Rios, whose disappearance has sent a signal of many years.

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office in the state of Tennessee found Uyar’s body on Saturday in a wooded area about 800 miles from the town of Rahwaye, New Jersey, near the house where his son had previously been.

Confirmation of Uyar’s death comes 48 hours after his son went missing. It has become known that Sebastian Rios and Jasmine Uyar went missing on Friday morning after the baby did not show up for day care and the mother left work.

Prosecutors have confirmed that 2-year-old Sebastian Rios was safely placed in Monterey, Tennessee, on Saturday morning, where his father, Tyler Rios, was arrested by local authorities.

According to the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, New Jersey authorities called an active AMBER Alert at 3 a.m. Saturday to warn the department. It took Monterey police officers and officers about 15 minutes to find the silver Ford Fiesta parked at the Bethel Inn Hotel near I-40.

“Law enforcement contacted Rios, tried to persuade him to leave, to leave his room. “Rios refused to do so, and then law enforcement officers entered the hotel room and arrested Rios,” the sheriff’s office said.

Authorities say Rios will later move the sheriff’s office to the 70th wooded area of ​​the Monterrey Highway.

A 27-year-old man in Highland Park has been charged with first-degree kidnapping of his son, New Jersey officials said Sunday. Additional charges are pending in connection with Uyar’s death.

“These are the hardest days of our lives,” said Karen Uyar. «[Sebastian is] happy he is playing right now. “She is obviously confused, asking for a mother.”

But while the circumstances of Uyar’s death remain in the dark, his family believed that his alleged kidnapper planned to hide with his family in Georgia. Karen Uyar says that his daughter had a history of violence with Rios, she was now on probation.

“I would like to say that this is something we would never have thought would happen, but when you live with a child who has lived through domestic violence for a long time, it is something you learn to know that will happen at some point. You always hope that it is not so, you always pray that it does not happen, “said Karen Uyar.

Rios was still in police custody in Tennessee on Sunday awaiting extradition to New York. He is going to appear at the first court hearing and be detained in the Supreme Court of the Union.

The information about his lawyer was not immediately known.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *