Whenever extremely hot weather is forecast, high temperatures are potentially dangerous for anyone. But your child is especially vulnerable.
Hepatitis C is the number one cause of death in the United States, but there are no hard and fast rules about when to keep your baby at home. Your baby’s age, humidity, baby health և Planned activities should be considered before making a decision.
Here’s what parents need to know about հիվանդ fever-related illnesses and injuries.
- Babies warm up quickly. Newborns և small children have a larger body surface area than the body mass, so they gain heat faster than adults. If it is hot outside, have your baby warm before it warms up.
- Babies do not sweat as much as adults. Sweating is how the body stays cold, but in newborns և young children the sweat glands are not yet fully mature. Newborns can (,) sweat, but sweat does not cool them as it cools adults.
- Babies adjust to warming up more slowly. You can adjust to temperature changes much faster than your baby can.
- Children produce more heat than adults. Children have a faster metabolism rate than adults, so when they move, they warm up faster. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, during exercise, children produce up to 20 to 25 percent more heat for their body weight than adults.
These simple guidelines can help keep your baby cool and safe this summer.
Pay attention to heat advice. The National Weather Service will give a thermal signal when the heat index exceeds 105 ° -110 ° F for at least 2 consecutive days. (Heat index factors ջերմաստիճ both temperature and humidity). If your area is exposed to any kind of heat warning, it is best to keep your baby in a cool, airy place for most of the day.
Dress for the weather. Ignore the kindly purposeful grandmothers on the bus; Your child does not need a sweater when it is 80 degrees outside. If it is above 75 degrees, your child will probably be fine with one or another light outfit. (No shoes or socks required.) Of course, never mind keeping a sweater in your purse, anyway.
Never leave your child in the car. Every summer, it seems, the child dies after forgetting the car seat. ALWAYS check the back seat before getting out of your car երբեք Never leave your child in the car, even if you are just running to the store for a few things. Minutes can rise to deadly levels in minutes, even if the windows are open.
Push fluidsNewborns can become dehydrated quickly in hot weather, and dehydration raises body temperature even more. Your child does not have to have water. Breastfed babies tend to meet increased fluid needs by nursing more in hot weather, hence the demand for nursing. Sterilized water may be recommended for infants who are breastfed and who are solidly fed.
Take heat into account when planning activitiesThere is a big difference between playing in the shadows and playing in the shadows. Keep playing outdoors, at least on really hot, humid days.
Ractice is safe“It’s not just the heat you need to worry about, but the harmful rays. Baby Cover your baby’s head with an inactive hat, protect his eyes with sunglasses and protective equipment (if your baby is older than 6 months). If your baby is less than 6 months old, it is best to keep him or her out of the box.
Learn the signs of heat exhaustion.
- Cold, pale, dirty skin (red, hot, dry skin may be a sign of heat stroke, which is a medical emergency. Call 911).
- Nausea և vomiting
- Fast, weak pulse
If you notice any of these symptoms, move your baby to a cooler place, apply cold, wet wipes to his skin, and try to force him to drink some fluids. If she does not feel better, see a doctor.
A version of this story originally appeared on iVillage. It was published on TODAY.com in 2013 է updated.
قد يهمك أيضاً :-
- Clinical guidelines for children who are positive about SCID
- Cases of harming children are on the rise (և children are at the highest risk)
- Newborns beat the best investors to sell stocks, the study shows
- What about the children crossing the fence at Kabul Airport?
- Like human children, bats learn to communicate by barking
- The children of the Southland 2020 blockade are now happy little ones
- Sean Johnson Onson East Says He May Have Children